Benchmarking of Top35-Banks Mobile Apps
Mobile Apps for Banking 2015 - Interactivity and Content Make the Difference
Oct. 19, 2015
The ultimate report on Mobile Apps in Retail Banking: Comprehensive, Data-Driven, Rigorous
Banking apps are still failing to engage and attract customers, and in today’s fast-paced mobile technology environment, banks remain preoccupied with the provision of basic features. The need for an effective digital strategy has never been more relevant than it is to retail banks today
This 306-page report tells you all you need to know to develop, optimize and implement a winning banking app strategy. Our research team of technology and industry experts performed a detailed analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the mobile apps of 35 leading retail banks worldwide including their Apple Watch apps. (See below for a list of analyzed banks.) In total, 111 mobile apps plus 19 Apple Watch apps were evaluated. Our report provides an assessment and recommendations for the mobile app offerings of each bank evaluated and for the banking industry as a whole.
>>Click here for Table of Contents, Top 10 Banks, Methodology, Executive Summary<<
The report benchmarks the mobile apps offered by each bank based on 56 criteria grouped into 9 main categories of evaluation: availability of mobile apps; core functions for customers; innovative add-ons; security and privacy; content and features for marketing; contact options; technical features and support, strategy and navigation; and best practices. Based on this thorough, data-driven analysis, the report derives best practices and provides strategic and practical recommendations for creating mobile apps that can engage both existing and new clients.
The report gives bank management, IT providers, smartphone companies and consultants answers to the following questions:
- Which banks are at the forefront of mobile apps in retail banking and which ones are lagging behind?What are the characteristics, positive and negative, of the mobile apps offered by the world’s top 35 retail banks?
- What role will smartwatch apps play and – specifically how good are the new Apple Watch banking apps?
- What content, functionality and security measures should a mobile app have to catch the attention and satisfy the needs of clients and non-clients in the year 2015?
- What can be learned from the best practices among the mobile apps that were analyzed?
- How can you ensure that a mobile app stands out from those of your competitors?
- How many different mobile apps are required, for which devices and on which platform?
- In the banking sector, how is the market for mobile apps developing and what future needs will clients have?
- How do digital developments in other industries impact client expectations and what is required to keep pace with the latest trends?
- Benchmarking and ranking of the mobile applications of the world´s top 35 banks based on 56 criteria
- Benchmarking of 19 Apple Watch apps
- 35 comprehensive profiles of app strategies and app portfolios of the world's leading banks, including recommendations for each bank
- 22 Best Practices for following features: Payment Solutions, innovative add-ons, security, marketing and customer engagement, contact features, technical features, navigation, tablet apps, social media integration
- Recommendations on how a winning bank´s mobile applications strategy should look
- Data-appendix of 35 pages containing detailed evaluations by bank according to 56 criteria (spreadsheet)
|Bank of America