A Case Study of Deutsche Bank
Social Media Success Factors in Banking
Aug. 14, 2012
In MyPrivateBanking’s Research reports, no other global bank has consistently achieved so many top-rankings for its social media presences as Deutsche Bank.
So, our analysts were wondering about the “secrets of success” of Deutsche Bank’s approach towards the Internet, and particularly social media. In order to get a comprehensive view on Deutsche Bank’s overall strategy we have taken another look at all of their initiatives in this field and we’ve visited Uli Pecher, Global Head of Emerging and Social Media and Chief Publications Officer of Deutsche Bank, in the Deutsche Bank company headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany.
In short we identified the following Deutsche Bank’s rules for success:
- Formulate a clear strategy and gain the support of the board. Have a dedicated, global team.
- Use people who have a background in (new) media and communication.
- Communicate in the language of your targeted audience.
- Keep in touch with the social media community through dedicated resources and efforts.
- Lay down clear rules and policies on how to communicate on social media.
- Be open for dialogue but also control discussions on your social media channels.
For the full analysis of the Deutsche Bank case study and the conclusions for the banking industry as a whole check our free research brief.
In the beginning of July we will publish our brandn...
In Mary Meeker's now famous yearly "State of the In...